Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Healthy Food Guide magazine and posted for ZWT 5.
Make and share this Lamb, Lemon and Olive Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 400 g ground lamb
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 300 g penne pasta
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 10 -12 black olives (kalamata olives are recommended)
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Cook onion in olive oil spray until soft. Add minced lamb, spices, salt and pepper, combine and cook till browned and cooked through. Drain off any fat from the meat mixture.
- Cook pasta and drain it, saving a little bit of the pasta water for the dressing. Combine all ingredients but the feta, toss well and put a bit of the water in to make a nice texture. Put into bowls, crumble feta over the top and season with salt, pepper and olive oil.
Delicious, I loved this. I used a whole wheat pappardelle, and leftover slow cooked lamb leg. I skipped the sugar, and made everything else as directed.
This was really easy to prepare and had a nice, lemony flavor. I used hot paprika to give it a little zing and I chopped the kalamata olives for better distribution. Other than that, I followed all ingredients and directions as posted. This was enjoyed by both myself and DH. Thanks! Made for ZWT5.