Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my husbands favorite lasagna recipe - enjoy
Make and share this Lasagna Naples Style recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushroom
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 21 ounces tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- In skillet over medium heat cook beef, sausage, onion, garlic & mushroom until meat is browned, drain fat. Stir in tomato puree, red wine, bay leaf, basil, marjoram, salt & pepper, bring to boil. Reduce heat & boil gently uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, discard bay leaf. While sauce is cooking boil pasta just until tender - rinse in cold water & drain.
- Mix eggs, ricotta, parmesan & parsley together. Put half lasagna noodles in bottom of greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Spread with 1/2 cheese mixture, meat & mozzarella, repeat the layers of pasta, cheese mixture & meat.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes @ 375 degrees, uncover & add remaining mozzarella cheese, bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.