Padma Lakshmi's recipe
Make and share this Lasagna Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 12 dried lasagna noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen leaf spinach
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, minced and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced black olives
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, double if you like spice
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce or 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- basil sprig
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Cook the spinach according to package directions, squeeze dry, and chop.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta, 4 tbsp of the parmesan, the sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, italian seasoning, lemon pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add salt to taste.
- Working with one pasta noodle at a time, smooth an even layer of the filling down on each strip, then roll up to enclose filling. Prepare remaining rolls in the same manner.
- Spoon a thin layer of sauce into a baking pan, top with the lasagna rolls, seam side down, and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan and bread crumbs and drizzle with a little oil.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, or until bubbling. Garnish with basil.