Prep 10 mins
Cook 38 mins
Easy way to have Lasagna taste without the hassle. Kid friendly pasta dish!
Make and share this Lasagna Style Bow-Tie Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease 8x8 square baking dish.
- In large pot boil 4 qts water and partially cook pasta for half of the directed time.
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute 1 minute.
- Stir in beef or turkey and cook until lightly browned about 3 minutes.
- Add spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and partially cover the skillet.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- In small bowl mix ricotta or cottage cheese with egg and Parmesan.
- Drain the pasta throughly.
- Layer half the pasta in the pan.
- Spoon cheese mixture over the pasta.
- Spoon half the meat mixture over the cheese.
- Sprinkle with half the mozzarella.
- Make another layer with the remaining pasta, then the meat then the mozzarela.
- Cover pan with foil, spraying the inside facing the cheese with pam.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
Tastes. and even sort of looks like lasagna. I doubled this and used a 13 x 9 dish. The only thing I added was some crushed garlic to the meat sauce. My kids call bow tie pasta "butterfly" noodles, so we lovingly named this "butterfly lasagna." Thanx! :)
This is as easy as you can get for a lasagna type dinner! Really tasty too. (I did use different shaped pasta, but I don't think that changed anything). I also used riccotta not the cottage cheese and Ragu pasta sauce. Maybe add a little garlic to the onion and ground beef next time, but I put garlic in everything. Good one Laurie!
I agree that a bit more sauce would have been a good idea. Easy to make and quite tasty.