1 hr 25 mins
Chef #1279580's Note:
A basic recipe for lasagna where you can add any number of veggies or extras. I found this recipe on the foodgeeks.com website. The noodles do not need to be pre-cooked. I normally layer the white sauce in the middle and on top and fry up mushrooms and peppers with the ground beef (which differs slightly from the recipe below).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, cubed or diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 10 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1Fry beef and onion in a medium saucepan until meat is brown. Drain extra fat.
- 2Add tomato paste, cubed tomatoes, bouillon cube, Italian seasoning, and first amounts of salt and pepper to the frying pan.
- 3Cover the pot and simmer for approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- 5Stir in flour and the second amounts of salt and pepper.
- 6Gradually add milk. Stir continuously with a whisk.
- 7Bring the milk to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat and cook for 1 minute.
- 9Remove from heat and stir in half the cheese. Set aside.
- 10Pour 1/2 the meat sauce into a 13"x9"x2" baking dish.
- 11Cover with 1/2 the noodles.
- 12Cover with remaining meat sauce.
- 13Cover with remaining noodles.
- 14Pour the white sauce over the noodles.
- 15Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 16Cover and bake for 40 minutes at 400F or until noodles are cooked.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna With White Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.5
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 1188.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: