A simple, low maintenance risotto recipe that is the easiest I've ever seen! Another amazing recipe from the Best of Bridge ladies, who are from my hometown in Alberta. Go vegetarian with veggie broth. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced (you can use button or crimini)
- 2 shallots or 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup arborio rice or 1 cup short-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup water
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1-inch matchsticks
- 1 bunch asparagus spear, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- fresh basil (optional) or parsley (optional)
- 1In large saucepan, heat oil and cook mushrooms, shallots, garlic and pepper until vegetables are tender but not brown.
- 2Add rice and cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir broth and wine into rice mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes (do not lift cover). Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in carrots, asparagus, Parmesan and lemon zest. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Add a little additional water, if necessary for the desired consistency.'.
- 4Garnish with basil or parsley.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Mushroom Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.3
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 141.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: