From the book: Step by Step Pasta Dishes. Prep time includes marinading time.
Make and share this Lemon Chicken With Basil recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 450 g boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 175 g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 150 ml dry white wine
- lemon rind
- lemon twist, and
- basil sprig, to garnish
- cooked pasta, 4 portions
- In a bowl, mix together the lemon rind, lemon juice, garlic, 2 tsp of the oil, 2 tbls basil and salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and mix well.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan or wok and cook the onion for 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving the marinade, and add chicken to the pan.
- Cook until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add celery and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Remove pan from heat and gradually add the stock, wine and marinade.
- Bring to boil and cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens.
- Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining basil. Garnish and serve with freshly cooked linguine.