1/1 Photo of Lemon Chicken With Basil
1 hr 25 mins
From the book: Step by Step Pasta Dishes. Prep time includes marinading time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 450 g boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 175 g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 150 ml dry white wine
- lemon rind
- lemon twist, and
- basil sprig, to garnish
- cooked pasta, 4 portions
- 1In a bowl, mix together the lemon rind, lemon juice, garlic, 2 tsp of the oil, 2 tbls basil and salt and pepper.
- 2Add the chicken and mix well.
- 3Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 4Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan or wok and cook the onion for 3 minutes.
- 5Remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving the marinade, and add chicken to the pan.
- 6Cook until chicken is lightly browned.
- 7Add celery and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- 8Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- 9Remove pan from heat and gradually add the stock, wine and marinade.
- 10Bring to boil and cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens.
- 11Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 12Stir in remaining basil. Garnish and serve with freshly cooked linguine.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken With Basil
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 156.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of