1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I like to add in Marsala into the ricotta mixture, but you can omit if desired. Use your own favorite pie pastry recipe for this. Amaretti biscuits can be purchased in the Italian section of any major supermarket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry (to fit a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate)
- 2 cups full-fat ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar (increase sugar for more sweetnes)
- 1 tablespoon marsala
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups amaretti, coarsley crushed
- 1For pie pastry into a 9-inch glass pie plate, flute edges and chill while making the filling.
- 2To make the filling; in a large bowl place the ricotta, whipping cream, eggs, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar (or more if desired) Marsala, lemon zest, cinnamon, vanilla and almond extract and flour; mix well to combine.
- 3Sprinkle the crushed amaretti biscuits over the unbaked pie shell.
- 4Spoon the ricotta filling over the crushed biscuits and spread out evenly.
- 5Place the unbaked pie in the fridge for 20-25 minutes.
- 6Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Place the pie plate on a baking sheet.
- 8Bake for about 1-1/4 hours or until firm to the touch (might take a little less or more time).
- 9Turn the oven heat off and leave the door a little open.
- 10Leave the pie in the oven with heat off until oven is cool.
- 11Cool completely before slicing.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Ricotta Pie
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.5
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.6 mg
- Sodium 190.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: