Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a Campbell's recipe. It is low in fat and sounded good so I thought I would pass it along.
Make and share this Lemon Thyme Chicken Crunch recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (may use reduced fat)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme or 1⁄8 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned (about 2 lbs)
- vegetable oil cooking spray (optional)
- In small bowl mix soup, water, lemon juice and thyme.
- Mix bread crumbs and paprika on a plate.
- Dip chicken into 1/2 cup soup mixture.
- Coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken on baking sheet.
- Spray chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 F for 1 hour or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Heat remaining soup mixture.
- Serve with chicken.
Really good comfort food and a fast work night dinner. I love thyme and that's what made we want to try this recipe. Chicken was very moist and the flavor was nice too.....I did add a bit of greek seasoning but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I'll make this one again, thanks.
This was very good, even better than I had expected as I'm not typically a fan of cream soup. This recipe just intrigued me. I used Panko and added extra seasoning to it - onion powder, small amount of thyme, salt, pepper. I used reduced fat soup and instead of water, I used white wine. I used a bit more than called for, I like a thinner sauce and this seemed very thick. I baked for 35 minutes as I was using boneless breast. The breading does stay a bit soggy on the bottom, but no big deal. You could always turn it if that bothers you. I really liked coating the chicken in the soup mix, it gave it a great flavor. With those change, this is a definite keeper for us, will make again. It has a very homestyle flavor, rather reminiscent of a kicked up chicken and stuffing. Thanks for the recipe.
This was unbelievabe!! To just be a can of soup and a few other spices,this was SO GOOD!! The chicken comes out so moist, too. This is so easy, it will definately be made again and again. Thank you so much!! Made for the spice of the month tag game- thyme.