When I saw the insert in my Sunday paper, just knew that I had to try and replicate a fantastic picture of Tuscan Chicken. After tweaking it a bit, came up with a very satisfying dish. Think you will like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces linguine (I used whole wheat)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook linguine according to directions, drain and set aside.
- 2Heat 1/2 of olive oil in large fry-pan, over medium high heat.
- 3Place chicken strips in pan and cook about 3 minutes each side, or until done, then set aside.
- 4Put remainder of olive oil in same pan, leaving chicken remnants. Add sliced peppers, mushrooms, stirring ocasionally, until all is tender. After cooking these ingredients for a few minutes, add garlic and stir until it becomes done-- just about a minute.
- 5Add the wine, tomatoes(with juice) and all spices, salt and pepper. Stir the ingredients together and let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- 6Add chicken into the pan and stir, letting all ingrdients blend and simmer a few minutes more.
- 7In a large mixing bowl combine linguine and chicken mixture. Add the parmesan cheese and toss all together.
- 8Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Like Romano's Macaroni Grill Tuscan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.4
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 586.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 39.3 g