336 hrs 5 mins
Babs in Toyland's Note:
Recipe from Molto Mario and posted in response to a request. I make this every Christmas as hostess gifts and put it in pretty bottles with ribbon. Everyone who gets this is very appreciative. In Italy this is considered a "lemon digestive assistant" - whatever it tastes great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place vodka and zest in a sealable jar, like a large mason type jar and allow to sit in a cool place for 4 days.
- 2On the fifth day place the sugar and the water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 3Allow to cook for 5 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 4Add sugar solution to the vodka solution and allow to stand overnight.
- 5Strain through a layer of cheesecloth in a conical sieve, pressing the solids firmly.
- 6Strain again through a second layer in the same manner.
- 7Chill and allow to stand 1 week.
- 8Serve very cold.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Limoncello
Serving Size: 1 (2220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1994.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 249.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 249.7 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of