Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from Molto Mario and posted in response to a request. I make this every Christmas as hostess gifts and put it in pretty bottles with ribbon. Everyone who gets this is very appreciative. In Italy this is considered a "lemon digestive assistant" - whatever it tastes great!
- Place vodka and zest in a sealable jar, like a large mason type jar and allow to sit in a cool place for 4 days.
- On the fifth day place the sugar and the water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add sugar solution to the vodka solution and allow to stand overnight.
- Strain through a layer of cheesecloth in a conical sieve, pressing the solids firmly.
- Strain again through a second layer in the same manner.
- Chill and allow to stand 1 week.
- Serve very cold.