24 hrs 20 mins
Mickey at Mickey's in Hamden serves this Tiramisu & one with espresso. Both are very popular. Am posting this as a request. It has a chill time of at least 6 hours, I think overnight might even be better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
INGREDIENTS FOR SYRUP
- 4 ounces water
- 4 ounces limoncello
- 4 ounces fresh squeezed lemon juice (grind remaining zest from lemons)
- 8 ounces sugar
- 1MAKE THE SYRUP:
- 2Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil and reduce heat to a low simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from flame and allow to cool down.
- 4PREPARE & ASSEMBLE TIRAMISU:.
- 5Beat together yolks and 4 tbls of sugar, limoncello in a large bowl over a bain marie (pot of boiling water) to make a zabaglione until thick and foamy, about 4 minutes.
- 6Be careful not to overheat - will cook eggs.
- 7Let it cool off and then fold in mascarpone cheese, lemon zest and candied citron to a smooth, creamy texture.
- 8In a clean separate bowl using an electric mixer, beat whites while adding remaining 1 tsp sugar slowly.
- 9Beat whites to a stiff peak.
- 10Then fold in egg whites with the mascarpone mixture.
- 11Do not over mix.
- 12Just until combined.
- 13Soak ladyfingers in limoncello syrup mixture, soaking it about 2-4 seconds, (depending on what type you have. Do not over soak) and transfer to an 8-inch glass baking dish (2-quart capacity).
- 14Repeat until one full layer of ladyfingers are arranged in bottom of dish, trimming as needed to fit snugly.
- 15Spread a quarter of an inch of mascarpone mixture evenly over ladyfingers.
- 16Make another layer in same manner with remaining ladyfingers and mascarpone mixture.
- 17Chill tiramisu, covered.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Limoncello Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.8
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 165.9 mg
- Sodium 85.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 55.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of