1/1 Photo of Limoncello Tuna and Asparagus
A healthy recipe from the Eat Right section of Shape Magazine Summer 2009. After making this recipe, I wanted to add a few notes. I marinated my tuna for about 12 hours and the only flavor that really stood out was the rosemary. . .perhaps you might want to add some additional lemon juice and lemon zest to the marinade. I then let the reserved marinade sit for 24 hours in the fridge to infuse the flavors which was nice; I strained mine as I don't care for "herby" stuff and mixed it with the warm asparagus (then skipped the salad part). A nice meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup limoncello
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 1/2 lbs yellowfin tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs asparagus spears, trimmed
- lemon slice
- 5 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Whisk together olive oil, limoncello, and herbs.
- 2Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture and put the rest in a 1 gallon zip top bag.
- 3Add tuna to the bag and chill for 2-4 hours, turning over occasionally.
- 4Discard marinating liquid in the bag and season tuna with salt and pepper.
- 5Grill asparagus and lemon slices until tender; season with salt and pepper.
- 6Sear tuna on very hot (greased) grill for 1-2 minutes per side for rare (cook longer if you like).
- 7While tuna in cooking. . . In a large bowl, toss lettuce, shallots, lemon juice and reserved marinade; divide among 4 plates.
- 8Slice tuna against the grain and arrage it over the lettuce on each plate.
- 9Serve asparagus on the side with lemon slices as garnish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Limoncello Tuna and Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.8
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.5 mg
- Sodium 85.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 43.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens