Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is ever so delicious!
Make and share this Linguine with Bacon, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bacon, slices chopped
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained & sliced
- 1⁄2 lb linguine (I use gluten-free)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- fresh Italian parsley, minced
- additional grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook until fat is rendered and bacon begins to color, about 6 minutes.
- Drain off fat.
- Add shallots and stir 1 minute.
- Add cream and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and add tomatoes.
- Cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water.
- Return linguine to pot, add sauce and 1/4 cup cheese and stir to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide between plates.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and parsley.
- Serve, passing additional cheese separately.
Ginny, I enjoyed this meal so much! It was just far enough out of my "box" that I felt daring and yet it was so easy to prepare. I really enjoyed the bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan and pine nuts combination with the whipped cream! So tasty over the linguine! Thanks, Ginny, for the lovely supper!
I fould this recipe years ago in the Bon Appetit archives. Wonderful combination!! Yummers1
This was quite yummy! I modified it a bit to our tastes and still turned out well. How can you go wrong with things like bacon, sun-dried tomatoes and whipping cream!?!?