1/1 Photo of Linguine With Calamari and Garlic
A la Carte's Note:
I used to make this all the time and I'd forgotten all about it. This recipe is delicious. You can easily double this if you want to. It makes a great dinner, but also a great 1st course if you have company coming. Takes just minutes to make. It's from 1996 Bon Appetit. I'd serve it with garlic bread and a nice mixed salad. You are going to need to reserve some of the pasta water, so don't forget! ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb linguine
- 4 rolled anchovies over capers, from 2-ounce tin, anchovies crushed
- oil, reserved
- 1/2 lb cleaned calamari, thinly sliced crosswise (squid)
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (or more to taste)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaf
- 1Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 2Meanwhile, heat reserved oil from anchovies (about 2 tablespoons) in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add calamari and toss just until opaque, about 1 minute. Add garlic, crushed red pepper and crushed anchovies with capers and stir 1 minute.
- 3Add white wine; boil until sauce is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Mix in basil.
- 4Add pasta to mixture in skillet. Toss until heated through and sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if pasta seems dry, about 2 minutes.
- 5Divide pasta and calamari between
- 62 plates and serve.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Calamari and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 88.0 mg
- Sodium 28.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rolled anchovies over capers