Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from a show I was watching with Jamie Oliver. I have served it several times to seafood lovers and it is a hit. Paired with a nice white wine and salad it is a wonderful dinner.
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain.
- Meanwhile in a hot deep skillet, heat olive oil. Add pancetta. Fry until golden.
- Add shallots, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes to skillet. Stir well. Sautee until veggies are tender about 3 minutes.
- Add clames and white wine. Bring to boil.
- Cook until clams open. Discard any that have not opened.
- Remove from heat and add linguine,parsley, salt and pepper. Toss until all is combined well.
This was very tasty and easy. I didn't have pancetta on hand so I did use bacon and I thought it tasted great! Otherwise, I followed the recipe completely.
Wow, my husband and I tried this tonight and it was phenomenal. We treated it as an appetizer, so we did not use the linguine, but the taste was phenomenal. I did make a few modifications. I added 2 T. of Butter (just because I think clams need butter), added 3 chopped green onions, and increased the amount of red pepper. I served with toasted baguette bread with melted butter, garlic powder and dill weed. Fantastic! Definitely 5* for us, and we will be making it again.
This is soooo delicious! Thank you for posting. I did not have shallots :-( but it was still amazing. I am sure the shallots will make this a 6* recipe. All I added was about 1 tbsp of lemon juice, only b/c I thought I'd read it in the recipe, but didn't. A really nice twist on plain old Linguine with clam sauce.