Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted as a request for a low budget meal. Besides it's quick, easy and tastes just great. Serve with a green salad.
- 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- grated cheese
- Cook Linguine following the package directions.
- Saute sliced garlic cloves (Adding more garlic if you like)in olive oil, over medium heat until golden brown, remove garlic, and set aside.
- Add dry pepper flakes cook for an additional minute.
- Add parsley and salt, cook 1 more minute.
- Add cooked linguine, toss in garlic, arrange on heated serving platter, and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Serve with grated cheese and a nice loaf of Crusty Italian bread.
I love this type of pasta dish, simple to make and lets the flavours of parsley and garlic really shine. I made this with some brown rice spaghetti, which worked well and made it a gluten free meal.
I definitely think fresh parsley is a must here! I added extra chili b/c DH likes spicy, I topped with fresh grated parm! yummy, quick, filling and EASY! Made for Veg*N Swap 37!
This is easy, quick, economical, and delicious. I halved the recipe for two of us. We loved the hint of chili pepper. This makes a nice lunch or light supper, and you can easily add many different ingredients to suit your taste. The possibilities are endless. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT Witchin Kitchen.