1/1 Photo of Linguine With Snow Peas, Cucumber, and Peanut Sauce
For the kids in my family (and most of the adults!) anything with peanut butter is a sure bet! Since this sauce is made with peanut butter, it is no exception! However, the combination of cooked and raw vegetables is refreshing and satisfying enough to please all ages. Serve the pasta immediately after tossing it with the peanut mixture; the sauce gets thick if it sits too long." found on cooking.com Posting to try later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Peanut Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup canned low sodium chicken broth or 2/3 cup homemade stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1FOR PEANUT SAUCE: In a blender or food processor, combine the garlic, soy sauce, peanut butter, chicken broth, lime juice, red-pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Puree until smooth.
- 2FOR PASTA: In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the linguine until almost done, about 9 minutes.
- 3TO SERVE: Stir in the snow peas and bean sprouts and cook until the vegetables and pasta are just done, about 3 minutes more. Drain and toss with the peanut sauce, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, the scallions, cucumber, and 1/3 cup of the peanuts. Serve with the remaining peanuts sprinkled over the top.
- 4VEGETABLE TIP: Though they're certainly edible, the seeds from a mature cucumber can be somewhat watery. You can simply scoop them out of a halved cucumber with a spoon and discard them--or buy an English (hothouse) cucumber, which is almost completely seedless.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Snow Peas, Cucumber, and Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.3
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1065.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 26.5 g