Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
My friend Judy has started testing many recipes for a party that she will be giving in a couple of months, so meanwhile, we make these great dishes and I get to try some now and then. This was a winner but a bit too labor intensive for the amount of people she plans on having. These recipes were in Coastal Living Magazie, October 2007 edition.
- 8 ounces lobster meat or 8 ounces peeled & deveined shrimp
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup diced shallot
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 lb HERB-RUBBED BEEF TENDERLOIN
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 4 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- LOBSTER RISOTTO:.
- Warm broth.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots; cook 5 minutes or until slightly tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add wine; cook until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add 1/2 cup warm broth, stirring constantly, until broth is nearly absorbed.
- Repeat with remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time (about 25 minutes total).
- Stir in lobster; cook, stirring constantly, just until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in Parmesan, lemon juice, thyme and black pepper.
- HERB-RUBBED BEEF TENDERLOIN:.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Heat oil in a large-bottom ovenproof skillet.
- Sprinkle tenderloin with salt & pepper, and cook on all sides 5 minutes or until well-browned.
- Remove skillet from heat, and placfe tenderloin on plate.
- Sprinkle tenderloin with garlic, rosemary and 1 T thyme, pressing to adhere.
- Return tenderloin to skillet, and bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes (to 145º for medium rare) or to desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from skillet; let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Add broth and wine to skillet, and place over medium-high heat; bring to boil, and cook 7 minutes or until redueced to 1/2 cup.
- Reduce heat to low; whisk in butter one piece at a time.
- Stir in 1/2 t thyme.
- Serve immediately with Lobster Risotto.