Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy, tasty low-fat chicken parmesan that the whole family will love. Shh. They won't even know it's low-fat.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken piece
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 8 ounces shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (diffused) or 2 tablespoons cooking spray
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄2 lemon
- Mix together egg white and juice from lemon.
- Pound chicken with a meat tenderizer.
- Wash chicken and place in bowl with egg white/lemon juice mixture.
- Coat both sides of each chicken breast with bread crumbs.
- Spray the bottom of a frying pan with diffused olive oil or cooking spray.
- Sautee each breast on both sides until the chicken is no longer pink on the outside.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x11 baking dish with some of the marinara sauce until you can no longer see the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange the sauteed chicken in the pan.
- Cover the chicken with the remaining sauce.
- Combine the two types of chees and spread over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through.
How can this be considered low fat with 23g of fat? I have not tried it because I was looking for a low fat recipe. But it does sound delicious!
Very easy to make and tasted great! My 5 year old loved this dish! Thanks for sharing!