Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Supper low fat and very cheap to make! And don't for get full of flavor!
Make and share this Low Fat Stuffed Pasta Shells recipe from Food.com.
- 10 jumbo pasta shells
- 5 cups spinach leaves
- 1 small zucchini (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring water to a boil and add pasta shells (Cook al dente).
- In a bowl add spinach and zucchini and wilt by heating in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Then add to the cottage cheese and parmasan mixture.
- In a glass baking pan put 1/2 cup of marnaria sauce.
- Drain and stuff shells and put in baking dish.
- Cover with rest of the sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Very easy and yummy! Love that it is low-fat without sacrificing any taste!
Outstanding low fat recipe! Loved the flavors and was SO easy to make. I made this dish a LOT lower in calories by substituting shirataki noodles for the pasta shells. Saved about 200 calories per serving! I cut my noodles in bite size pieces mixed in with the spinach/cottage cheese mixture and baked per your recipe. Really, really, really loved this dish. I will probably have this 2 or 3 times a week just because it's so tasty, low calorie and has ample veggies. What a winner when you're trying to loose weight. I may have used a little extra garlic too. Can't thank you enough for this great recipe.
Very tasty. I used whole wheat pasta shells and some homemade pasta sauce. The filling was very good and I plan on stuffing some crepes with the zucchini spinach filling soon!