This is a very easy casserole. Great for a busy day, not much effort. I found it in Crazy Casseroles by James Villas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot of salted water, cook macaroni until just tender (about 7 min.).
- 2Preheat oven to 350F.
- 3Butter a 2L baking dish and layer with 1/2 the macaroni, then 1/2 the cheese, then the other rest of the macaroni.
- 4In a bowl mix eggs, milk, and butter.
- 5Season with salt and pepper, stir until well blended.
- 6Pour liquid over casserole.
- 7Top with remaining cheese.
- 8Pour in enough milk to cover all the pasta, but NOT the top layer of cheese.
- 9Bake until the custard is slightly firm and the top lightly browned, about 25-30 minutes.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 784.0
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 192.4 mg
- Sodium 469.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 33.2 g