Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very easy casserole. Great for a busy day, not much effort. I found it in Crazy Casseroles by James Villas.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook macaroni until just tender (about 7 min.).
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter a 2L baking dish and layer with 1/2 the macaroni, then 1/2 the cheese, then the other rest of the macaroni.
- In a bowl mix eggs, milk, and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir until well blended.
- Pour liquid over casserole.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Pour in enough milk to cover all the pasta, but NOT the top layer of cheese.
- Bake until the custard is slightly firm and the top lightly browned, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve hot.