Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious biscotti with chocolate swirls. A light, relatively healthy treat. Adapted from Holly Clegg's Trim&Perfect Diabetic Cooking (trust me the recipe does not taste diabetic, no artificial anything)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl combine and stir the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl stir the eggs, egg white, sugar, canola oil, milk, and vanilla extract and an additional tsp of water.
- Add the dry ingredients and combine (you may have to knead with your hands).
- In a plastic or microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips. Start out with 30 seconds and continue in 5 second periods in the microwave until melted.
- Quickly add to the dough and create a marbled effect.
- Shape into 4 logs about 2 inches wide and 9 inches long.
- Place logs on baking sheets lightly coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cut into pieces (18 per log).
- Place back on baking sheet cut side down and bake for 15-20 minutes or until dry at 325°F.