Delicious biscotti with chocolate swirls. A light, relatively healthy treat. Adapted from Holly Clegg's Trim&Perfect Diabetic Cooking (trust me the recipe does not taste diabetic, no artificial anything)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a medium bowl combine and stir the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- 3In a large bowl stir the eggs, egg white, sugar, canola oil, milk, and vanilla extract and an additional tsp of water.
- 4Add the dry ingredients and combine (you may have to knead with your hands).
- 5In a plastic or microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips. Start out with 30 seconds and continue in 5 second periods in the microwave until melted.
- 6Quickly add to the dough and create a marbled effect.
- 7Shape into 4 logs about 2 inches wide and 9 inches long.
- 8Place logs on baking sheets lightly coated with nonstick spray.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- 10Cut into pieces (18 per log).
- 11Place back on baking sheet cut side down and bake for 15-20 minutes or until dry at 325°F.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marbled Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.4
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 46.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g