A deceptively simple, classic Mediterranean recipe from one of my fave chefs. Even better if you make fresh pasta, but dried pasta is super,too.
- In a large skillet, bring the cream and butter to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the lemon juice and the zest and reduce the volume by almost half.
- Remove from heat.
- Have your cooked and drained pasta (I like fettucine for this one -- ) ready to go.
- Add the pasta to your skillet with the sauce and toss to coat over medium heat.
- Add the cheese and toss for a few more seconds.
- Serve with additional cheese.
- Note: Marcella calls for the zest of 4 (!) lemons, but I thought it a bit over the top -- just me.
I'm not going to rate this, because I replaced the cream with soymilk. Obviously, the lemon juice coagulated it, but once most of the liquid evaporated away, it turned into a creamy like ricotta sauce. Not nearly as good as using heavy cream but certainly much healthier. I also added salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. I was skeptical about decision to replace the cream, and I wouldn't reccommend it, but if you don't think you'll mind its still pretty tasty. Thanks!
Very heavy yet bland dish. I'd use light cream instead of heavy, or 1/2 ad 1/2. Still, it needs more than just lemon flavoring. I even tried black pepper but it didnt taste right. Maybe some salt?
This is my new favorite summer pasta recipe! Wonderful. The recipe doesn't say how much pasta to use. I used a little less than a pound of spaghetti.