Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is my family favorite sauce of all times you have to try it
Make and share this Marinara Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (32 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 dried bay leaves
- In a large casserole pot, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the celery, carrots, and 1/2 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Saute until all the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bay leaves, and simmer uncovered over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1 hour. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Season the sauce with more salt and pepper, to taste. (The sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat before using.).