Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A little twist on the classic fresh mozzarella and tomato caprese salad.
Make and share this Marinated Caprese Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Warm the oil in a saucepan over medium heat with the garlic, peppercorns, rosemary, salt and red pepper flakes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- While the oil is cooling, cut the mozzarella into 1-inch cubes.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs and peppercorns from the oil and pour over the mozzarella. Let stand at room temperature for several hours or refrigerate for up to 4 days. (Bring to room temperature before serving.).
- Cut the tomatoes into fork-sized chunks. Drain excess oil from the mozzarella and fold in the tomato chunks.
- Garnish the salad with fresh basil and serve.
Magnificent! Infusing the olive oil with the garlic, pepper and rosemary makes all the difference in the world in this kind of salad. I may never make a plain caprese again! The oil was perfect to dip some crusty homemade bread in. The only thing I would add would be kalamata olives. Thanks for a great recipe!
Just so good. It was simple, fresh and flavorful. It was so nice at the cookout especially with the fresh basil and tomatoes. I thought the infused oil just made this a stand out.
The Caprese Salad is more than awesome! The marinade is amazing; flavorful and good to the last bite! (Used some French Bread--for the last bite. LOL)Will make the often. THX for posting!