1/1 Photo of Marinated Salmon With Salmoriglio Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
I Cook Therefore I Am's Note:
This recipe was taken from the September 2007 issue of Food & Wine, and is just lovely. Cooking times may vary depending on what type of fish you choose to use. When I made this I used 7 ounce Salmon filets and cooked them for about 13 minutes on each side, and then I put them under the broiler for about 2 minutes just to crispen up the breadcrumbs. We really enjoyed this dish, and I hope you do too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- white vinegar
- 2 lbs salmon fillets or 2 lbs ruby trout fillets or 2 lbs halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Sprinkle a little bit of the vinegar on the fish filets, rinse them and pat them dry on a paper towel.
- 3Rub a little bit of salt into the filets.
- 4Place the fish into an oven safe casserole dish.
- 5On one side sprinkle the filets with half of the lemon juice and then coat them with half of the bread crumbs.
- 6Note if you need more than 1/3 of a cup of bread crumbs use them it's up to your taste. I also used italian bread crumbs and they were very tasty.
- 7Drizzle the filets with olive oil. Make sure that all of the bread crumbs are coated in olive oil even if you need to use more than the suggested amount so that it crisps up nicely.
- 8Turn the filets over and repeat steps 5-7 with the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, and bread crumbs.
- 9Cover the fish and marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 10While the fish marinades, make the sauce by adding the thyme, lemon juice, mustard and salt to taste to a food processor and pulse for 1 minute.
- 11Add the butter and process until smooth.
- 12Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the sauce fully incorperates into a smooth mayonnaise like consistency.
- 13After the fish has marinaded, place the casserole dish uncovered in the 400 degree oven. Again, cooking times may vary depending on what type of fish you use. I cooked the 6 oz 1-1 1/2 in thick salmon filets that I used for 13 minutes on each side, and then broiled them on one side for 2 minutes to give the crust some color. You could also grill the fish if you prefer.
- 14Serve the fish with the sauce drizzled over them.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Salmon With Salmoriglio Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.5
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 133.5 mg
- Sodium 261.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 46.8 g