1/6 Photos of Meatballs With Tomato Sauce- Chicken or Beef
An Italian style meatball in tomato sauce. For gluten-free option use gluten-free bread and tomato puree. Can also use an Italian style tomato pasta sauce in this recipe such as Bertolli's Provisto Sugo. Either ground/minced chicken or beef can be used for this recipe. The meatballs can be either pan-fried or deep fryed
My Private Note
small m ...
Units: US | Metric
For the Meatballs
- 500 g ground chicken (chicken or beef mince) or 500 g ground beef (chicken or beef mince)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese or 3 tablespoons asiago cheese, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 slices bread, finely crumbed (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
For the Tomato Sauce
- 1Using a large mixing bowl- add the minced chicken or beef, the egg, cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 2Add the crumbed fresh bread and milk and mix until well combined. You can use a food processor to just add the bread and milk and process until well mixed.
- 3Add the bread/milk mixture to the chicken or beef mix. Combine well.
- 4Refrigerate the meatball mixture for 30 minutes.
- 5Using damp hands, shape the meatball mixture into about 25 small balls.
- 6Fry the meatballs using a medium heat and then drain them on absorbent kitchen paper. I like to pan-fry mine.
- 7Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and cook the shallots for about 1 minute. Add the tomato puree and bring to the boil. Add the meatballs and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Stir occassionally.
- 8Serve hot with some cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatballs With Tomato Sauce- Chicken or Beef
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.0
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 157.0 mg
- Sodium 308.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 29.1 g