Just a basic frittata, a la my New Jersey roots. Good strong flavors really round this one off. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 250 g frozen spinach
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 7 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted & halved
- 1 1/4 cups grated gouda cheese (any strongly-flavored hard cheese)
- 1/4 cup grated gouda cheese (any strongly-flavored hard cheese)
- 1Turn on broiler to high.
- 2Dice & cook onion in a small amount of oil until clear. Set aside.
- 3Cook spinach in a small amount of water until partially thawed. Add chopped tomato and cook until most of the liquid has been driven off.
- 4While you let the spinach & tomato cook, mix eggs, milk, garlic, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and oregano with a whisk in a bowl. Add onions, olives, and (eventually) spinach & tomato mixture. Mix in 1 1/4 cup grated cheese.
- 5Add oil and egg mixture to a deep large frying pan. Cook over low/medium heat about 15 minutes, until bottom and side of frittata are firm. Scatter last 1/4 cup cheese over the top.
- 6Cover handle with foil and transfer to broiler. Broil until top is cooked and browned, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 185.6 mg
- Sodium 307.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: