1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Veggie Lasagna
1 hr 10 mins
Vegetable Lasagana with a Mediterranean flair to it. Inspired by Barb Gertz's Veggie Lasagna with Bechemel. (check it out, it is AWESOME)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black olives, halved
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 10 green onions, sliced
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 large roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh diced garlic
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh sweet basil, chopped
- 15 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 8 ounces asiago cheese, shredded (or feta if you would prefer)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 5 cups milk
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 3Add red onion, green onion, garlic and celery.
- 4Saute until onion is translucent and celery starts to soften.
- 5Add other veggies, one by one, stirring before adding the next.
- 6Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring once.
- 7Uncover and cook til vegetables are tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes longer.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Melt butter in large sauce pan over medium heat.
- 10Whisk in flour.
- 11Whisk 2 minutes.
- 12Gradually whisk in milk.
- 13Cook until mixture comes to a boil, whisking often.
- 14Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 15Spoon 1 cup of sauce over bottom of your lasagna pan.
- 16Arrange 5 lasagna noodles atop sauce, overlapping slightly.
- 17Spoon half of vegetables over noodles.
- 18Spoon 1 1/2 cups sauce over veggies.
- 19Sprinkle 1/3 of your cheese over sauce.
- 20Repeat each layer once.
- 21Top with the last 5 lasagna noodles.
- 22Spoon remaining sauce over noodles.
- 23Top with remaining cheese.
- 24This is where you would refrigerate for later use, just cover tightly.
- 25Bake Lasagna uncovered on center rack until sauce is bubbling, about 40 minutes, 55 minutes if previously chilled.
- 26Remove from oven and allow to stand for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Veggie Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 859.9
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 1409.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers