This is my sister in law's recipe. It's like a clam pie or a giant baked clam served warm with crackers (I like Ritz for this). It could be prepared, up until the baking, a day in advance. Just put it in the refrigerator and bake when ready the next day! If you make it and freeze it for the future, just thaw and reheat. This is a family favorite and a crowd pleaser when I make it for guests - Enjoy! PS-I like it with 2 cans of chopped clams too! You get bigger clam pieces that way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If serving the same day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a medium size skillet, saute the butter, onion and garlic over low heat a minute or two, being careful not to let the garlic brown.
- 3Add the clams with their juice, parsley flakes and oregano to the pan and mix.
- 4Saute for a few minutes and then add the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- 5The texture should be like a paste.
- 6If not, adjust by adding bread crumbs.
- 7Put mixture in an oven proof pie dish and add paprika sprinkled on top.
- 8Bake in 350 degree oven, for 25 to 30 minutes, until slightly golden and bubbly.
- 9Serve warm with crackers.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Merill's Baked Clam Dip Oreganata
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.5
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.2 mg
- Sodium 259.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 15.4 g