I decided to make my own sauce because all the sauces I got in the store and at resturats was too watery and didn't have much flavor. I got the idea for making the sauce from a movie called "Goodfellas". And it turned out great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes (I use organic fire roasted tomatoes)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I use very thinly sliced fresh garlic so it liquifs in the olive oil)
- 2 -3 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 medium onion, diced (optional)
- 1 lb Italian sausage (or use ground beef from chuck)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1combine crushed tomatoes, tomatoe paste and spices in a large pan and bring to a simmer.
- 2In a skillet comine Olive Oil, minced garlic, diced onion and meat. Cook until meat is done and onion is soft.
- 3Add meat, onion, garlic, olive oil to simmering tomatoe sauce.
- 4let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- 5Enjoy over spaghetti noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Metzger's Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.7
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 1668.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
extra virgin olive oil