Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This soup is wonderful with a good garlic bread and a nice red wine.
Make and share this Minestrone recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 cups beef broth or 8 cups beef bouillon
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 small zucchini or 3 small mexican squash, diced
- 3 small yellow squash, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta
- salt and pepper
- Brown the sausage in a soup pot.
- Drain the fat.
- Melt the margarine in with the sausage.
- Sprinkle with the flour; stir to mix.
- Add the broth or bouillon, the tomatoes (slightly chopped), the onion, and the seasonings.
- Simmer 45 minutes.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients, and simmer about 30 minutes more.
- This soup can be slowly simmered all day if you check to be sure there's enough liquid.