8 hrs 15 mins
We love this soup and it is easy to make. It is a stovetop recipe that I got out of one of my church cookbooks and adapted to use in my crockpot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 Italian sausages, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes (diced)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach (optional)
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- 3/4 cup macaroni or 3/4 cup rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1Saute the pepperoni/sausage, garlic, onion, carrot, celery, and zucchini in a non-stick pan.
- 2Place the tomatoes, bouillon, water, spinach, kidney beans, basil, oregano, and wine into the crockpot and turn onto low.
- 4Add the sauted meat and vegetables to the crockpot and cook on low for 6- 8 hours.
- 5Approximately 1/2 hour before you're ready to eat, put the 3/4 cup of uncooked noodles into the crockpot and stir into the soup.
- 6Turn the crockpot to high for this last 1/2 hour.
- 7If desired, sprinkle some of the grated cheese on top of the soup once it has been ladled into individual bowls.
- 8(I grate the cheese into bowls and let everyone put as much or as little on they like).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minestrone
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.8
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 456.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 12.7 g