This is a hearty soup that tastes wonderful! A friend of mine gave this recipe to me from a "soup bar" we had a church. Thank you Betty! Not low fat - just loaded with flavor! Serving size unknown. You can double this recipe and freeze some for later. OAMC
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, stewed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 5 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup frozen green beans (fresh and canned will do)
- 1⁄2 cup miniature pasta shells
- Add all ingredients into large pot.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add shells or other pasta about 13 minutes before serving.