Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a hearty soup that tastes wonderful! A friend of mine gave this recipe to me from a "soup bar" we had a church. Thank you Betty! Not low fat - just loaded with flavor! Serving size unknown. You can double this recipe and freeze some for later. OAMC
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, stewed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 5 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup frozen green beans (fresh and canned will do)
- 1⁄2 cup miniature pasta shells
- Add all ingredients into large pot.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add shells or other pasta about 13 minutes before serving.
This soup was wonderful my boys loved it ,easy to make had fun with it THANKS
Wonderful ministrone! I added garbanzo beans, more broth (even some chicken broth). Married to a "Super" Italian and he loved it. As usual, we added grated parmesan on top when serving. Very good!
This is a keeper!! My quiet son said "Good soup Mom" - and that's a mouthful for him. Since you already had such great reviews from very reliable sources, I took the liberty of making this in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours. It turned out great!! I did add one extra cup of water, used low sodium products and did not add salt. I cooked the pasta on the stove and stirred it in. The flavor, combination of vegetables and many textures of this soup make it wonderful!! Thanks Bella Donna!!