1/1 Photo of Mini Meatball Heroes by Giada
This recipe comes from Giada De Laurentiis. Mmmmmm....this is on the table in less than an hour! You can use any combination of meats to equal 1-1/2 pounds.
My Private Note
mini sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, grated
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 44.37 ml ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 158.51 ml parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml dried breadcrumbs
- 170.09 g ground beef
- 170.09 g ground veal
- 170.09 g ground pork
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 737.08 g marinara sauce
- 1To make the meatballs, whisk the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl to blend.
- 2Stir in the cheese and bread crumbs.
- 3Mix in the meats.
- 4Using about 2 tablespoons meat for each, shape into 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 inch meatballs. Set aside.
- 5Heat the oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 6Working in batches, add the meatballs and saute until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Drain off excess oil.
- 7Add the marinara sauce and simmer over medium-low heat until sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9To make the sandwiches: spoon the hot meatballs with some sauce over the bottoms of the the rolls.
- 10Place 1/2 slice provolone on the top of meatballs and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 11Spread more sauce of the rolls tops, the flod the tops of the rolls over and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Meatball Heroes by Giada
Serving Size: 1 (1842 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.1
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.8 mg
- Sodium 784.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: