1 hr 20 mins
This hearty soup is perfect year round- wintertime for a warmup or room temp in the summer made with fresh spinach. Either ground turkey or ground beef may be used for the meatballs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 16 ounces boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup pasta (acini di pepe, 1 cup uncooked)
- 1Cook 2 chicken breasts in boiling water until cooked through. Dice or shred into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- 2Cook Acini di Pepe. Set aside.
- 3Combine ground turkey, salt, pepper, parsley, grated parm, and breadcrumbs. Form into marble size meatballs.
- 4Bring 10cups of chicken to a boil and add meatballs. Cook for 30 minutes.
- 5Add thawed spinach and cooked chicken. Cook another 10 minutes.
- 6Beat eggs with cheese and add very slowly drop by drop. Add drained pasta. Cook 10 minutes. Serve.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Homemade Italian Wedding Soup
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.9
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 1105.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 23.6 g