Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This hearty soup is perfect year round- wintertime for a warmup or room temp in the summer made with fresh spinach. Either ground turkey or ground beef may be used for the meatballs
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 16 ounces boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup pasta (acini di pepe, 1 cup uncooked)
- Cook 2 chicken breasts in boiling water until cooked through. Dice or shred into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Cook Acini di Pepe. Set aside.
- Combine ground turkey, salt, pepper, parsley, grated parm, and breadcrumbs. Form into marble size meatballs.
- Bring 10cups of chicken to a boil and add meatballs. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add thawed spinach and cooked chicken. Cook another 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs with cheese and add very slowly drop by drop. Add drained pasta. Cook 10 minutes. Serve.
Wonderful recipe! Great soup the whole family loves!!