Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was always one of my Mom's favorite soups, and now my kids love it too! I actually like it meatless as well, and I even like the meatless version cold the next day.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 7 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2⁄3 cup acini di pepe pasta
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Make 1" meatballs and brown in the oven or on the stovetop in olive oil.
- Combine meatballs, chicken broth, bouillon and spinach in a soup pot.
- Simmer for 30 min (as desired.) Skip this step for the meatless version.
- Add pasta and cook per package instructions until done.
- Beat eggs with a dash of water and slowly add to simmering soup while stirring.
- Add parmesan and serve.
Shana, this is a lovely soup. I made it for a friend, but of course I had to taste it so I could review. I made the meatballs, used fresh spinach, and didn't add the extra chicken granules as I had a rich chicken stock in the fridge from yet another one of my PAC dishes made during the weekend. Thanks for sharing!