This is a perfect, light pasta dish for 2 people. Serve with a side salad and french bread.
Make and share this Mostaccioli Marinara With Basil recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mostaccioli pasta, uncooked (4 oz) or 1 1⁄2 cups penne (4 oz)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Position knife blade in food processor, add tomatoes.
- Pulse 3 to 4 times or until amost smooth, set aside.
- Coat a medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray, add oil, and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Stir in parlsey and basil.
- Serve sauce over pasta; sprinkle with cheese.