1/1 Photo of Mostaccioli Marinara With Basil
This is a perfect, light pasta dish for 2 people. Serve with a side salad and french bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups mostaccioli pasta, uncooked (4 oz) or 1 1/2 cups penne (4 oz)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- 1Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- 2Position knife blade in food processor, add tomatoes.
- 3Pulse 3 to 4 times or until amost smooth, set aside.
- 4Coat a medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray, add oil, and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- 5Add the onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- 6Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat, simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- 8Stir in parlsey and basil.
- 9Serve sauce over pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mostaccioli Marinara With Basil
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.1
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 385.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 12.6 g