1/1 Photo of Muffuletta Sandwiches
If you're a fan of muffalettas, here's a great easy way to make them at home!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces pickled vegetables
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces French bread, loaf unsliced
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 ounces salami (or combination) or 6 ounces pepperoni (or combination) or 6 ounces prosciutto, slices (or combination)
- 6 ounces provolone cheese slices
- 1 thinly sliced tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1Drain juice of vegetables, reserving 2 Tbsp juice. Chop them small.
- 2Combine juice, vegetables, olives, garlic and oil.
- 3Horizontally split loaf of bread. Hollow out the inside of the top half, leaving a 3/4 inch thick shell.
- 4Top the bottom half with lettuce, meat, cheese, and tomato. Sprinkle the tomato with pepper. Stir the vegetable mixture and mound it on top of the tomato. Top with the top half of the bread and slice into six portions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muffuletta Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.0
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 1469.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives