If you're a fan of muffalettas, here's a great easy way to make them at home!
Make and share this Muffuletta Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces pickled vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces French bread, loaf unsliced
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 ounces salami (or combination) or 6 ounces pepperoni (or combination) or 6 ounces prosciutto, slices (or combination)
- 6 ounces provolone cheese slices
- 1 thinly sliced tomato
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Drain juice of vegetables, reserving 2 Tbsp juice. Chop them small.
- Combine juice, vegetables, olives, garlic and oil.
- Horizontally split loaf of bread. Hollow out the inside of the top half, leaving a 3/4 inch thick shell.
- Top the bottom half with lettuce, meat, cheese, and tomato. Sprinkle the tomato with pepper. Stir the vegetable mixture and mound it on top of the tomato. Top with the top half of the bread and slice into six portions.