1/8 Photos of Mushroom Pasta Sauce
This comes from an original Italian cookbook. It is very creamy and full of flavour. Great served with homemade pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean the mushrooms and cut them into thin slices. Chop onion and garlic.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Saute the onion and the garlic for 1-2 minutes and then add the mushrooms. On fairly high heat saute them until nearly all of their liquid has evaporated. Add the white wine and continue cooking on high heat for some minutes.
- 3Reduce the heat and simmer gently until sauce has thickened. Now add the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste (you might also like to add some Italian herbs).
- 4If you like add the parmesan cheese to get an even creamier sauce.
- 5Serve with pasta and enjoy! :).
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.3
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 15.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: