This comes from an original Italian cookbook. It is very creamy and full of flavour. Great served with homemade pasta.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them into thin slices. Chop onion and garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Saute the onion and the garlic for 1-2 minutes and then add the mushrooms. On fairly high heat saute them until nearly all of their liquid has evaporated. Add the white wine and continue cooking on high heat for some minutes.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently until sauce has thickened. Now add the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste (you might also like to add some Italian herbs).
- If you like add the parmesan cheese to get an even creamier sauce.
- Serve with pasta and enjoy! :).
Extremely easy and very tasty. I cut recipe in half and it was plenty for two. Served with a tomato-basil pasta. I add the Italian herbs, as suggested and used the cheese. Will makethis again.
Wonderful sauce! We really enjoyed it. I used a combo of white and portabella mushrooms, basil, oregano, and parsley for the herbs, light cream, and used the optional Parmesan. I omitted the salt since I was using the cheese. I am excited to try out additional mushrooms next time. Thanks for sharing! Veg*n Swap 30
I just loved the sound of this and had to try it but I also needed to make it lighter in the fat department. I used 3 Tbsp of olive oil, 2 very large green onions, fat free evap milk for the cream and skipped the cheese. It was great with spinach fettuccine. It all took about 20 mins start to finish. :D