1/1 Photo of Mushroom Risotto
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Magnifico!! From Food & Drink magazine - the Best of a Decade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 8 ounces mixed fresh wild mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1Pour boiling water over dried mushrooms in a bowl& let sit for 30 minutes.
- 2Drain mushrooms; reserve both mushrooms& liquid separately.
- 3Remove stems from fresh mushrooms& slice.
- 4Heat oil& butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic& fresh mushroom slices.
- 5Saute until mushrooms excude their liquid; saeson with salt& pepper.
- 6Cover& leave in skillet for reheating.
- 7Bring stock to a simmer on the back burner.
- 8Heat oil& 1 tbsp of the butter in a heavy pot over medium heat.
- 9Add onion& saute for 3 minutes or until softened.
- 10Add rice& saute until it is covered with oil.
- 11Pour in wine& simmer steadily until it has been absorbed by the rice.
- 12Pour in mushroom soaking liquid& dried mushrooms; stir and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- 13Add 1 cup of stock; cook& stir until most is absorbed.
- 14Continue to add stock in 1 cup increments, stirring most of the time, until the rice is creamy with a slight bite in the center, about 20 minutes.
- 15Reheat mushrooms in the skillet& stir into rice.
- 16Remove from heat, stir in remaining 1 tbsp butter& Parmesan cheese.
- 17Season with salt& pepper and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.5
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 710.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried porcini mushrooms