1/2 Photos of My Oh My Spaghetti Pie
A kicked up way to use leftover spaghetti noodles, from Emeril's kitchen to yours. Adapted from Emeril's cookbook, Emeril's There's a Chef in My Soup. I have changed this to make it vegetarian, using veggie crumbles, but feel free to use ground beef if you like. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces veggie crumbles (or ground beef)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, packed (about 4 ounces)
Spice mix (use 2 1/2 teaspoons )
- 1Place oven rack in center position in oven and preheat to 375ºF.
- 2Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil over high heat.
- 3Add 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and broccoli and cook 3 minutes, or until broccoli is slightly cooked(blanched) but still firm and bright green.
- 4Using or pot holders, move the saucepan from the heat and drain the broccoli in a colander set in the sink. Be careful of the steam. Rinse under cold running water. Set aside to drain.
- 5Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, 1 teaspoon of the spice mix, the parsley, basil, 1/4 teaspoon of the remaining salt, pepper, and veggie crumbles, and cook, stirring, until the onions start to brown, about 8 minutes.
- 6In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, the remaining 11/2 teaspoons of spice mix, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add Parmesan cheese and whisk vigorously to combine.
- 7Spread the cooked spaghetti evenly in a casserole dish.
- 8Pour the veggie crumble mixture over the spaghetti and toss with a fork to mix.
- 9Place the blanched broccoli on top of the spaghetti.
- 10Pour the egg mixture over the spaghetti.
- 11Sprinkle the spaghetti all over with the mozzarella cheese and bake it in the oven until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- 12Using pot holders, remove the casserole dish from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- 13For spice mix:.
- 14Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- 15Stir well to combine.
- 16Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- 17Yields about ¾ cup.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Oh My Spaghetti Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1721 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.9
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 306.9 mg
- Sodium 2699.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: