1/1 Photo of My Standard Lasagna
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is my basic easy lasagna. I either use homemade sauce or a really good quality store bought brand. There are four types of cheese in this recipe. If you like things spicy, by all means add a bit of crushed red pepper to the sauce or use spicy sausage. If I am adding sausage, I prefer to use mild turkey sausage in this, but it tastes really good with just ground beef too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (or mix ground beef with Italian sausage meat)
- garlic powder, to taste
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (a meat flavored version, homemade is best, but bottled is ok too)
- 1 (15 ounce) container light ricotta cheese (or small curd cottage cheese, drained well)
- 1 1/2-2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 -2 large egg
- parsley, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles, cooked until just soft, approximately
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a deep 9x13" casserole, spread just a couple of spoonfuls of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- 2Brown meat in a skillet until fully cooked; drain fat.
- 3Combine the cooked meat with the rest of the spaghetti sauce and a few shakes of garlic powder, heat until warmed through, about 5-10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, half of the shredded mozzarella cheese, the Parmesan cheese, the eggs, a few liberal shakes of garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper, mixing well.
- 5Place a layer of lasagna noodles in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, then pour some of the meat sauce, spreading to cover evenly.
- 6Spread some of the cheese mixture on top of that, then top with another layer of noodles.
- 7Repeat layers until you have used up all of your filling.
- 8Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over the top, then place the slices of provolone cheese on top, leaving some gaps.
- 9Cover tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven, leaving covered, set on top of the stove and let rest 20-30 minutes.
- 11While the lasagna is resting, you can pop in a loaf of garlic bread wrapped partially in foil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Standard Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.7
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 847.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 31.6 g