Prep 50 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
This is my fave Nigella recipe - it's as beautiful as she is....
Make and share this Nigella Lawson Tagliatelle W/ Chicken from the Venetian Ghetto recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs roasting chickens
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, minced
- 1⁄3 cup sultana, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 lb tagliatelle pasta noodles (if you can't find that, fettucini will do quite nicely.)
- 2 -3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rub the chicken with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper--then place it breast-down in a roasting pan and roast for about 1 1/2 hours or until well browned, turning it over toward the end to brown the breast.
- Prepare the pasta, salting it when it boils (a bit of olive oil helps too).
- Take the chicken out of the oven, let it cool for about an hour, then pull it apart.
- Heat the pine nuts in a small skillet, browning them slightly.
- For the sauce, pour all the juices from the roasting pan into a saucepan. Add the rosemary, the drained sultanas and the pine nuts. Begin to simmer the sauce when you're ready to cook the pasta.
- Cook and drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce, chicken pieces and parsley in a large warmed bowl.
I do this recipe with store roasted chicken and wide egg noodles. I can get a dinner we love on the table in 15 minutes. A winner!
I've made this dish once, for a potluck, and never got to taste it because it went so fast. Everyone loved it and it smelled amazing. Next time it will just be for dinner at home.
I LOVE this dish...for once, pasta with no cheese! I'm so glad you posted it! The sultanas really pep it up and I adore rosemary in anything. If you are short on time, you can use a rotisserie-cooked chicken. Thx Glutton!