2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 40 mins
This is my fave Nigella recipe - it's as beautiful as she is....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs roasting chickens
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, minced
- 1/3 cup sultana, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 lb tagliatelle pasta noodles (if you can't find that, fettucini will do quite nicely.)
- 2 -3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Rub the chicken with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper--then place it breast-down in a roasting pan and roast for about 1 1/2 hours or until well browned, turning it over toward the end to brown the breast.
- 3Prepare the pasta, salting it when it boils (a bit of olive oil helps too).
- 4Take the chicken out of the oven, let it cool for about an hour, then pull it apart.
- 5Heat the pine nuts in a small skillet, browning them slightly.
- 6For the sauce, pour all the juices from the roasting pan into a saucepan. Add the rosemary, the drained sultanas and the pine nuts. Begin to simmer the sauce when you're ready to cook the pasta.
- 7Cook and drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce, chicken pieces and parsley in a large warmed bowl.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nigella Lawson Tagliatelle W/ Chicken from the Venetian Ghetto
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 804.6
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 188.6 mg
- Sodium 134.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 41.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: