1/3 Photos of No-Guilt Creamy Salmon and Pasta
The fat content in this creamy meal is nice and low. This is a dish that my kids always eat every last bite of! Serve with a salad to balance out the meal. I use Catelli Smart Pasta because it has more fibre than whole wheat pasta and has a nice texture. For the photos that I posted, I used Homemade Dilled Noodles and Weight Watcher Pesto Sauce. It was delicious. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb pasta (dry or fresh, any shape will work, penne, fettucine, rotini, etc.)
- 2/3 cup low-fat parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pesto sauce (homemade or store-bought in jar)
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless salmon, seared and then broken with fork into chunks
- chopped fresh parsley, to sprinkle on completed dish (optional)
- 1Boil water in large pot for pasta.
- 2Heat oil in large nonstick pan and then add in flour until pasty. Gradually whisk in milk while stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Season with pepper.
- 3Add pasta to boiling water and set timer as directions advise. If pasta is done before the sauce, toss with a bit of olive oil so it doesn't stick.
- 4Whisk in Parmesan cheese and pesto until thoroughly mixed. Heat for a few minutes on low until thickened.
- 5Stir in salmon just before serving and heat through.
- 6Add pasta to salmon mixture and gently toss.
- 7Sprinkle parsley on completed dish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Guilt Creamy Salmon and Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.1 mg
- Sodium 83.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat parmesan cheese