1/2 Photos of No-Knead Pizza Rolls (Pepperoni, Hawaiian or BBQ Chicken)
Galley Wench's Note:
These pizza rolls are made with the dough made with No-Knead Flatbreads - Master Recipe (Pizza, Naan, Focaccia). I've given a couple different fillings, however the recipe can easily be modified to fit your family's taste. Great for lunches!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb refrigerated bread dough (No-Knead Flatbreads - Master Recipe (Pizza, Naan, Focaccia), grapefruit size piece)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces pepperoni, sliced (to taste)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
BBQ Chicken Rolls
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup diced chicken breast, cooked
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- pickeled jalapeno pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (to taste)
- 1Use the refrigerated pre-mixed dough for No-Knead Flatbreads No-Knead Flatbreads - Master Recipe (Pizza, Naan, Focaccia).
- 2Prepare 2 large baking sheet pans with parchment or Silpats, set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 4Remove the Olive Oil Flatbread dough (No-Knead Flatbreads - Master Recipe (Pizza, Naan, Focaccia)) from the refrigerator. Lighly dust the surface with flour and cut off a 1 pound (grapefruit size) piece.
- 5With lightly floured hands quickly shape dough into a ball by streching the surface of the dough around to the bottom on all four sides, rotating the ball a quarter turn as you go.
- 6On a lightly floured board, flatten the dough, with hands and rolling pin, into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle, dusting with minimal flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking to the rolling pin. If difficulty is experienced in rolling out the dough, allow it to rest for a few minutes. I've found that pulling the dough with my hands works best.
- 7Spread the sauce on the dough, then cheese and with top meat, leaving some of the cheese exposed so that it can help hold the roll together as it bakes.
- 8Starting with the long end roll the dough into a log.
- 9NOTE: Cut only the number of pieces you want to bake. The rest can be wropped and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or can be frozen for up to 2 weeks.
- 10Using kitchen shears, cut the dough into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 11Place them on the prepared sheet, leaving plenty of space for them to expand when they bake.
- 12Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown and the cheese has melted and caramelized a bit.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Knead Pizza Rolls (Pepperoni, Hawaiian or BBQ Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (1425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 27.3 mg
- Sodium 404.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated bread dough