1/3 Photos of Olive Garden Chicken With Lemon Marjoram Sauce
I made this for dinner tonight and it tasted fabulous! It was the best Chicken Picatta recipe I have ever had. I made some changes since I first posted the recipe, and suggest you double the sauce if you want to top pasta in addition to the chicken. Personally, I serve it with garlic mashed potatoes. (I save the little garlic containers I get from Papa John's Pizza and mash them into my potatoes -- easy and yummy)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, split and pounded flat (4, 6 oz. portions)
- 236.59 ml flour, seasoned with
- salt and black pepper
- 3 whole eggs
- 78.07 ml fresh parmesan cheese, grated (preferably a combination of grated parmesan and romano cheese)
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh basil
- 177.44 ml olive oil (or as needed)
- 59.14 ml shallot, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml garlic, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml lemon zest
- 118.29 ml white zinfandel wine
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 85.04 g unsalted butter, cold
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2PICCATTA BATTER:.
- 3Combine eggs, cheeses, parsley and basil together in a large mixing bowl.
- 5Flour the chicken breast in the flour mixture and dip it in the Piccatta batter.
- 6Coat evenly on both sides.
- 7Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- 8Carefully place it in the skillet and fry.
- 9When edges are golden brown, turn over and brown the other side.
- 10Transfer chicken from pan and place it in baking pan.
- 11Place in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- 12Using the pan the chicken was cooked in, drain all but 1/4 of the oil.
- 13Over medium heat add the shallots, garlic and herbs, saute until the shallots are transparent.
- 14Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, white Zinfandel wine and reduce the liquid by 1/2.
- 15Add the heavy cream and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- 16Remove sauce from heat and whip in the cold butter.
- 17Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 18Pour 2 oz. of the sauce on the plate and place the chicken on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Chicken With Lemon Marjoram Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1144.6
- Calories from Fat 795
- Total Fat 88.3 g
- Saturated Fat 33.4 g
- Cholesterol 391.8 mg
- Sodium 321.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 52.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white zinfandel wine
salt and pepper