Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have never eaten this at the "Olive Garden" so I don't know if this is their recipe. However, this is a nice take on eggplant parmiagiana and it tastes great. Have made a few changes hopefully you will like it. Source: Kitchen Link (Copycat Collection) at kitchenlink.com.in 05/04/2001. The remaining eggplant slices can be frozen and used in the future.
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Moisten eggplant slices and coat lightly in flour.
- Quickly brown slices in hot oil, dusting each side generously with seasoned salt and the parmesan cheese.
- When fork tender and golden brown transfer to jelly roll pan.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake about 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Use 8 slices for this amount of sauce.
- In a medium saucepan combine jelly and tomatoes that have been broken with a fork.
- Heat on medium heat until piping hot.
- Do not boil. Be sure jelly is melted.
- Arrange 2 eggplant slices on each of 4 plates.
- Cover each with 1 slice of mozzarella. Ladle sauce over all, not to cover completely.
- Place plates in oven, just to melt cheese.
- Serve immediately.