Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from an old "Top Secret Recipes" cookbook we found this summer in a garage sale. This soup is AWESOME!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (7% fat)
- 1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, julienned (1 cup)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 lb ditali pasta, cooked and drained
- Brown ground beef in large saucepan or soup pot. Drain.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic.
- Simmer 10 minutes, then add remaining ingredients except pasta.
- Simmer 1 hour.
- Add cooked pasta.
- Simmer 5 minutes, then serve!
I made this tonight. I found it in the Todd Wilbur copycats from his" Top Secret Recipes 2" cookbook. It was delicious. I doubled the recipe and served 10 people and have a lot left over to make into lunches. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. This one is a keeper. The dicing and julienning get tedious but are WELL worth it. You will love it. I think it really is the real copycat. It tastes just like the Olive Garden version. By the way Great Northern beans are white kidney beans or cannelloni beans. Rachie P ,thanks for posting this so I could review it. Enjoy! ChefDLH
This is the best pasta e fagioli I have had so far. It is absolutey delcious!! This will be the recipe I choose each time I make this.
I make it all the time. It has become a family favorite.